Tuesday, December 12, 2017

WHS Staff News - Week of 12/11/17


Over the weekend I read an interesting blog post called .... Does your school have an "Avoid at All Cost" List?  The post talks in general terms about all the new initiatives/ideas that get thrown at teachers (mostly by administrators or the NJDOE) and how the important things sometimes get lost. 

I would love to make a clear list of our four or five non-negotiables @ WHS, that we as a school community all focus on and decisions are made with those non-negotiables in mind.  In September I talked about making your job more manageable and eliminating distractions. I think this is in line with that thinking. I will be giving this more thought and figuring out the best way to create this list with your help, but I hope you take some time to read the post and think about your non-negotiables, specific to your department as well as your teaching.
 
Spirit Week - 12/18 - 12/22
Let's have some fun next week and take the staff spirit to another level! 
  • Monday: Pajama Day (Find those Pajama pants, grab that robe) 
  • Tuesday: Squad Day (We all have a hoodie ... Lets all go with the hoodie and jeans look)
  • Wednesday: Jersey Day - If you need a jersey ask. 
  • Thursday: Ugly Sweater Day 
  • Friday: I say we go with a Warrior Day for Staff. Wear WHS Gear,  Navy Blue, Carolina Blue, White. 
What Made Maddy Run (2 Things)
#1 - If you are done with the book and don't want to keep it please return the book to my office
#2 - Save the Date - January 29, 2018 - Meet the Author, Kate Fagan at Ramsey HS

The Ramsey School District has extended an invitation to the Waldwick community to be part of their One Book - One Community Discussion, when they host author Kate Fagan in January. Once we get back in January, I will be posting for the parents and encouraging them all to read the book and attend this event. I hope some of our staff will be able to make it. I'm sure a handful of our students will want to attend.



Important Dates:
Winter Concert - Wednesday 12/13 at 7pm.  Good Luck Mrs. Montella & Mrs. Serwin
Faculty Dessert Wars - Monday 12/18 at 3:10 pm.  Thanks Mr. Opderbeck for putting this togther!

**FYI - The next BOE meeting is the day we get back from break, January 2. If you need anything approved get it in my this Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment