As we hit 2017 running, I need to send out a few thanks for events that took place back in December...
- Thanks Tommy Schultz for stepping up and filling in for Mrs. Argo. Welcome back Dena Argo!
- Thank you Mr. Clancy, Terais McLoughlin and Kerry Guglielmotti for organizing our Holiday Lunch!
- Spirit Rallies are as good as they have ever been. Thanks Mr. Freeman and the Student Council!
- We had great Winter Concert! Thanks Mrs. Montella and Mrs. Serwin for all of your dedication to the Arts!
- Make sure your gradebook is up-to-date and if you need to make any parent phone calls regarding grades, now is the time.
- Consider taking one prep this week to send a few emails, make some calls for both positive reasons and any student that is struggling.
- Start thinking about second semester courses and the beginning of the third marking. Find time for student reflection. Consider collecting student feedback and continue to build and foster your relationships with your students.
Friday, January 13 - Jean Day WEA Philanthropic Fund
Monday, January 16 - Minimum Day / Edcamp PD
Friday, January 20 - End of First Marking Period
FYI - The Saint Luke's Youth group Retreat is scheduled for Friday, Saturday & Sunday, January 27, 28 & 29. A good amount of our students participate in this event and are not around all weekend. Keep this in mind when assigning long term assignments or homework that weekend.
Why Relationships Are the Foundation of Education via Bobby Dodd
The Teacher Factor via George Couros
New Blog Posts/Tweets
WHS December Students of the Month
Instagram Takeover @ WHS (Madison Conlon)
Instagram Takeover @ WHS (Johnny Chiurazzi)
Congrats to Junior Joe Parsons who won the 138lb New Providence Wrestling Tournament today! #OwnitWHS #WarriorNation— Waldwick Athletics (@WHSWarrior_ATHL) January 7, 2017
Congratulations to Jillian Reynolds for winning the freshman 1000m at the Tom Zaccone invitational🏅— WaldwickHSTrack (@WaldwickHSTrack) January 7, 2017
Check out these great Art projects - Waldwick's Winter Wonderland ❄️❄️ Any of those buildings look familiar? #OwnitWHS pic.twitter.com/Y7ykF7YVHf— Waldwick High School (@WaldwickWHS) January 2, 2017