Monday, November 6, 2017

WHS Staff News - Week of 11/6


We will never know if we hit the 325 mark for positive calls/emails for the week; however, I heard from many of you that the experience is as rewarding for the parent receiving the positive message as it is for the teacher making the call/email. I know the calls I made put a smile on my face when I heard the reaction of the parent on the phone. For those of you that took the time, I thank you.  If you didn't get to it last week, it's never too late.

Good Read (Take 5 minutes, it will be well worth it for our students)
Making School a Safe Place for LGBTQ Students via Jennifer Gonzalez  

Shout-Out to Mr. Freeman and the Student Council for organizing a Veterans Day "Thank You Card" event.  During lunch this week students and staff will have the opportunity to fill out a thank you card which will be sent to a veteran. This event is in conjunction with the Staff Sergeant Joseph D'Augustine Memorial Fund

Minimum Day - Tuesday 11/7 (Bell Schedule)

Reminder - No Homework Break 11/8 - 11/12 
My post on No Homework Breaks 

New Posts/Tweets 
700 Group - Class of 2018
WEF Fundraiser - Harlem Wizards vs. Foundation Warriors
Warrior Gear Sale 

Ownit Award @ WHS
#9 Congratulations to Mrs. Manning and Mrs. Doctor 

Have a great four day weekend!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment